Thursday 14 February 2013

Dylusion's Sprays

Blog Post time again. Need to play a bit of catch up. I've recently gotten a new job so its been a bit of a change of schedule for me.

So.... today I'm going to show you a little project I've been working on. Sheri Carroll has been doing a Journal page on Simon Says Stamp Blog each month, So it gave me an idea to start my own (Still haven't figured out the binding with dental floss) . I have been having fun playing with some Dylsusion Sprays by Dyan Reaveley. It sure is inky and thank goodness it washes off with just a bit of soap and water!

The first image here is just playing with her Dylusion Sprays and Stencils. I also sprayed some stencils with water and after I dabbed the water away you got a really cool shadow effect. The colours I used for the background were Bubble Gum Pink, Crushed Grapes, and then I used Vibrant Turquoise for the hand written stencil.

I then used a heart stencil and Gesso to paint on the hearts. I zapped them with the heat gun. I noticed that I had to use a couple layers to get this look, as the Gesso kept turning pink.

I wanted some of the hearts to stand out a bit more, so I let them really dry before taking a small paint brush and outlining some of them and creating smaller ones around it.


I'm thinking that I will add some stamping and cut them down to a standard size card and then add some glitter and ribbon. Hopefully I'll post the final picture soon.

My Mother and I are going to Scrap Arts this Saturday to take a card class called K.I.S.S (Keep it simple.... stamp) I'm looking forward to it. Maybe I'll even post some pictures of our wonderful creations!!

ta-ta for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment