Friday 21 June 2013

First Day of Summer + Fishy Birthday Cards


 Hello Friends!!

Happy first day of summer.

I'm not going to lie.... .it doesn't look like summer around here AT ALL. Sure we got a few nice days in June, but now it is cold, cold, COLD! I just got my winter tires taken off, and I'm not sure if I should have done that.

Things are slowly coming together for the wedding. The one thing I notice is how hard it is to make a final guest list. If I could have it my way I would invite everyone and anyone!  But..... money doesn't seem to have the same idea's as me.

I've started taking spin classes, and have been enjoying them immensely. I notice thought, that I hate it at the 15 minute mark where I can't breath anymore but then love the feeling I get after I finish conquering that "hill"!

I've somehow injured my ring finger. I couldn't tell if it was because I bruised it, broke it, or sprained it. So I had to make an emergency trip to the doctors this morning where he poked at it a bit and then sent me for x-rays. No phone call to let me know its broken, so that means no news is good news right? So now I'll just have my fingers taped together for awhile.

Anyways, enough blabbing. Today's card features some of Dyan Reaveley Stamps. The set that I used today is the "Under the Sea" stamp set. I used distress markers to colour in the fish and used my aqua brush to watercolour them.

For the Birthday Fishes, I used some pattern paper and letter stickers from a Simon Says Stamp Monthly Card Kit. I stamped the back with a Hero Arts Large Plaid Pattern background stamp and added some enamel dots to look like bubbles.
 
 
For the next two cards I used a strip of pattern paper from a month card kit from Simon Says Stamp, and the Apothecary Label and Stamp set from their STAMPtember collection. I then used a white gel pen to make the bubbles coming from the fish and crab white .
 

 
 
Aren't they kinda CUTE?!!
 
Thanks for joining me today! Have a great weekend, and may the weather finally warm up.
 
XOXO
Tina
 

No comments:

Post a Comment